- Items you submit for trade-in through the Program must be shipped only from the United States, and you must have a physical address located in the United States. Products shipped from outside the United States may not be accepted or returned.
- You must unlock or deregister any devices submitted for trade-in from cloud services prior to shipping the device.
- You must back up all personal data on a device before shipping. Accepted items with on-device storage will have their data wiped upon inspection. If a SIM card or similar data storage is discovered in a device, it is destroyed upon acceptance of the item.
Payment and Terms
Items we accept will be purchased from you, and you will be paid for the items with
You will not receive any payment for items that are not received by Buy Sell Tech (subject to the Instant Payment terms below).
If at the time of purchase of any device you are submitting for trade-in, you elected to pay for such trade-in item in monthly payments, any remaining payments must be paid in accordance with the monthly payment offer terms regardless of whether your item is accepted for trade-in.
In the event that you submit a trade-in and receive a promotional credit towards the purchase of a new device, this offer may, in some limited cases, not be combined with other offers. Proceed to checkout from your Shopping Cart to confirm whether a promotion has been applied.
We reserve the right to cancel any trade-in at our sole discretion, including without limitation if certain quantity limits are reached. If we cancel a trade-in that you have already shipped, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You may cancel a trade-in submission at any time until we have received the trade-in items by visiting your Buy Sell Tech account. You will not receive any payment for a canceled trade-in.
We may terminate your participation in the Program at any time in our sole discretion, including without limitation if you submit items for trade-in that do not meet the condition criteria you specify or are counterfeit or stolen. We may also suspend or terminate the Program at any time without notice to you. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with these Program Terms will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.
Criteria and Acceptance
Items you submit for trade-in using the Program are subject to acceptance by us, and may be purchased by us or a third-party merchant participating in the Program. Submissions must be sent to us within (a) for Cell Phones, Video Games, Consoles, and Accessories, 7 days from trade-in submission, (b) for Electronics (excluding Cell Phones), 14 days from trade-in submission and (c) for an any submissions containing items from both (a) and (b), 14 days from trade-in submission.
The items you submit must meet Product Condition Criteria as found on the product detail page, as determined by us in our sole discretion, or such items will be rejected.
Items failing to meet the Product Condition Criteria or otherwise unacceptable for any of the reasons listed below will be rejected ("Rejected Items"). Rejection reasons and return package tracking progress can be viewed from Your Trade In Account. You will not receive any payment for Rejected Items and such items will be returned to you, subject to the following exceptions:
- We will not return the following Rejected Items to you: Undeliverable or Counterfeit items. We will dispose of Undeliverable or Counterfeit items in our sole discretion.
- "Undeliverable" items are Rejected Items that we attempted to return to you, but were returned by the carrier back to us as undeliverable.
- "Counterfeit" items are Rejected Items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In Storefront, but are counterfeit reproductions of the originals.
- We may, in our sole discretion, dispose of or return to you the following Rejected Items: Extra, Damaged, or Incomplete items.
- "Extra" items are Rejected Items received by us but not on the trade-in list.
- "Damaged" items are Rejected Items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store but are not in an acceptable condition, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- "Incomplete" items are Rejected Items that are missing any required components, as specified in the Product Condition Criteria (such as specified accessories) that were included with the original item.
- We may, in our sole discretion, dispose of, accept or return Incorrect trade-in items.
- "Incorrect" items are Rejected Items that do not match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store.
- If the Incorrect item is eligible for trade-in, we may provide you with the amount of the TIV for the Incorrect item instead of disposing of or returning the Incorrect item to you (subject to adjustment as specified in the "Instant Payment" section below).
- We may not return items to you if the number of Rejected Items received from you reaches a limit that is determined by us in our sole discretion.
"Downgraded" items are items that are graded in a lower acceptable condition than what was specified during the submission. If the item was Downgraded to a lower condition that is still eligible for trade-in and, at the time of your submission, you opted to receive the lower TIV rather than have the item returned to you, then you will receive your chosen payment in the amount of the TIV for the lower condition. If you did not opt to receive the lower TIV, we will return the Downgraded items to you.
We cannot confirm the trade-in value (TIV) of an item until we receive your trade-in. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may display an inaccurate TIV. If the correct TIV of an item is lower than the stated TIV, we may, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions on whether you wish to submit the trade-in at the correct TIV or cancel your trade-in and notify you of such cancellation. If your trade-in is cancelled due to an incorrect TIV, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for the returned item.
We may in our discretion change these Program Terms, Buy Sell Tech Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice, or any aspect of the Program, at any time without notice to you. If any change to these terms is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change is severable and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining changes or conditions. Your continued participation in the Program after the effective date of any revisions constitutes your acceptance of the terms.
Legal Title and Risk of Loss
You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to sell all items you submit for trade-in using the Program, that the items are not counterfeit or stolen, and that your submission of them complies fully with the Program Terms. We may use a stolen goods database to determine if submitted items were ever reported stolen. Buy Sell Tech L.L.C. does not take title to or assume the risk of loss for items submitted for Trade-In unless we receive and accept such items.
Any dispute or claim arising from or relating to the Program Terms or the Program is subject to the binding arbitration, governing law, class-action waiver, disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability, and all other terms in the Conditions of Use. You agree to be bound by those terms by participating in the Program.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
WITHOUT LIMITING THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TERMS IN THE BUY SELL TECH LLC CONDITIONS OF USE, OUR TOTAL LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED THE TRADE-IN VALUE OF YOUR SUBMISSION. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND WILL SURVIVE CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF ANY TRADE-IN SUBMISSION.